Late Christmas cookies, finally they are here. These rich cinnamon and vanilla cookies are great for the holidays or anytime you want a tasty cinnamon treat. They are so delicious, and have the best texture. They are so fast to put together too!
These cookies are always a hit when I make them at home. Two days and they are all gone. You can yield about 50 medium cookies.
Yield– more than 50 cookies
- 200g (7/8 cup) butter
- 115g ( 1/2 cup ) sugar
- 1 egg ( separated)
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 400g (3 1/3 cups) flour + some for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 150c/302F and cover the backing tray with parchment paper or cooking spray
- Now we are going to start by mixing the butter and the sugar in a big bowl.
- in another bowl beat the eggs with the vanilla, lemon zest, pinch of salt and baking powder mix well
- separate the mixture in half using another bowl
- mix half of the flour( 200g or 1 2/3 cups)with the first half of the butter mixture and when mixed well and becomes a dough roll with a film and put in the fridge for 30minutes
- for the remaining second half of the butter mixture put in the cinnamon mix well and gradually add the rest of the flour. when mixed thoroughly roll with a film and put in the fridge for half an hour
- when the dough run its course,take out the first half and roll it out 1/2 an inch thick on the counter with a little bit of flour.
- cut the dough with the cookie cutter with the shape of your desire and spread on the cooking tray and cook for 25 minutes
- do the same operation for the second dough
- when done leave 10 minutes to cool and ENJOY.