The last piece of the puzzle, I am so sorry I didn’t get to post all the elements of our Christmas lunch earlier but finally I have done it, thank God. May be you can use it for other special occasions or for up coming new year 2019.
Well we have started with our delicious starter: ANCHOVY AND DRIED TOMATO BROCHETTE then came our so easy but delicate first course,SPAGHETTI WITH FISH AND CHERRY TOMATOES now we have got the main dish which is a BEEF MEATLOAF and for our dessert we have my all time favorite CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES AND HOT CHOCOLATE WITH MARSHMALLOW .
Serve: 8 portions
For the meatloaf
- 800gramms ground beef
- 2 slices of bread
- A little bit of milk enough to wet the bread
- 4 eggs
- A mixture of onion, celery, carrot chopped and cooked
- Different kinds of spices of your choice
- 1 freshly crushed garlic
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- olive oil
For the gravy
- A little bit of butter
- Some flour
- The liquid that is going to come out of the meatloaf
For the oven roasted potatoes
- 1/2 a kilo of potatoes
- 4 small rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper
- pinch of salt
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c/356F
- Cook 3 of the eggs, they have to be hard boiled
- In a small bowl soak the bread with the milk
- In a big bowl add the ground beef , onion, garlic, the spices, one whole egg, the bread squeezed of excess milk, salt, pepper mix well put it the fridge
- Peel and cut the potatoes. Season them and put them on a tray ready to be cooked
- When the eggs are cooked drain and peel
- On a parchment paper spread the mixture of meat, put the 3 eggs in the middle cover them with the beef and make a cylinder shaped meatloaf
- Put some rosemary leaves on the side and over the meatloaf. Drizzle with a little bit of oil
- Roll the parchment paper over the meatloaf very tightly and tie the ends
- Transfer the meatloaf to the cooking tray and cook for 1hour and 15minutes (until the liquid coming out of the loaf is clear)
- While the meatloaf is resting lets prepare the gravy
- In a small pot add the butter and the flour stir till amalgamated, add the broth that came out of the meatloaf after it is cooked and stir constantly
- When it has the desired consistency take it out of the fire and serve with the meatloaf
- After 10minutes of rest cut the meatloaf add the gravy and some potatoes. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
Hear is the chocolate chip cookies with their perfect companion of hot chocolate topped with marshmallow. They are again easy to make, not time consuming at all. we can also involve our kids always supervised. It is a delight for our eyes and delicious for our palate.
Next for our Christmas lunch we are going to prepare a delicious meet loaf( better known as Italian polpettone) and oven roasted potatoes with rosemary. We are also going to add boiled egg in the middle of the meet loaf which is going to give it color and taste a lot different and sophisticated than the traditional polpettone.
For the chocolate chip cookies
- 150gramms butter
- 70gramms sugar
- 1 egg
- 250gramms flour
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 100gramms chocolate chips
- 1 tea spoon lemon zest
- pinch of salt
For the hot chocolate
- Already prepared chocolate mix
- 250milli liter milk
- Some marshmallow
- Heat the oven to 180c/356F
- In a food processor mix flour and butter
- Add the sugar, vanilla and mix until it is crumbly
- Add the egg and mix until it becomes a dough
- Take it out and while adding the chocolate chips, work on it with your hands for 2 minutes until smooth
- Spread the dough and cut them with desired shape
- Bake them for 30minutes and let them cool for a minute or two (if the kids let you)
- For the hot chocolate I have used a prepared chocolate mix. It is very easy to prepare and you only need the fallow the instruction on the box
- Put the marshmallow on top and ENJOY. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
In continuance of our Christmas lunch, after the delicious starter we just prepared. I am going to share a delicious first course which is a pasta dish. This is a very quick and easy meal ( 15 minutes) exactly for our intention not to spend more time than necessary in the kitchen. It is a single plate with three, simple to find, ingredients and the outcome will surprise you.
For me Christmas is time spent with family, I personally would prefer spending as much time as possible with family and friends and pass the message of family first no matter what.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
We will also prepare our dessert in advance, it is going to be a simple but amazing and every kids dream that is traaaaa: chocolate chips cookie next to hot chocolate topped with marshmallow. It is going to be out of this world and we can involve our kids under our supervision.
Serving: 4 portion
- Two cans of Mackerel fish
- 200grams cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of crushed fresh garlic
- A little bit of tomato sauce
- 400grams spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- A little bit of freshly rosemary
- Boil salted water for the spaghetti.
- Wash and cut the cheery tomatoes in half.
- cook them in a pan with the garlic and a little bit of olive oil for about 10 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for 5 more minutes
- The water must be boiling by now, add the spaghetti and cook al dente ( according to a packet instruction).
- Open the can of Mackerel, add a little bit of the oil and the entire fish to the pan, mix well and Let it simmer for 2 minutes or so
- Add salt and pepper. Taste the seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- Drain the spaghetti and add it directly to the prepared sauce. Toss the ingredients together if you find it a little bit dry add the cooking water, it will make it more creamier and delicious.
- Serve it sprinkling with fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. .ENJOY
I thought of making an entire Christmas lunch, and I began with a very simple starter of anchovies, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and olives. Which will be put on a day or so old worm bread. So it is bruschetta, very very easy to assemble and the saltiness of the anchovies will make you want to eat the next pasta dish, which is pasta with Mackerel fish and fresh cherry tomatoes. It is a pasta dish that needs only 15min. of preparation, which makes it ideal for holidays cause no body needs to cook food that is going to need hours and hours of preparation in that specific day.
- 4 Slice of bread
- 4 Anchovy
- A good quality olive oil
- 2 Dried tomato
- 4 small pieces of Mozzarella
- 4 olives
- Slice the bread into one bit size( because our starter is going to be finger food)
- Put the sliced bread in the oven at 150 °C / 302°F for 5-7 minutes just to worm them up and make them a little bit crunchy
- In the meantime drain and cut the dried tomatoes in to small pieces
- Do the same procedure for the mozzarella cheese
- Take out the worm bread and arrange your starter starting from the anchovies then the mozzarella, the dried tomatoes and at last but not least the olive
- Then drizzle a good quality olive oil on the top and serve. ENJOY
A very simple and quick yogurt plum cake. you practically need 10minutes to make the batter and only one bowl to mix the whole ingredient, then put it in the oven. you are done. Come back after 40 minutes. Remember to keep the jar of the yogurt because we are going to measure the ingredients with that jar.
- 3 eggs
- 125grams of yogurt (flavor of your choice)
- 1 and 1/2 jars of sugar
- 1/2 a jar of sunflower oil
- 3 jars of flour
- 16gramms (1 pack) baking powder
- 1/2 a jar of milk
- Preheat oven to 180c/356F.
- Grease an 11 x 25 cm loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- Using an electric whisker whip the eggs together with the yogurt, sugar and oil until creamy
- Add the flour and baking powder a little bit at a time and whisk until it is well amalgamated
- Add the milk, mix again and pour it in the pan
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes(check with tooth pick if it is cooked well)
- Leave to cool for another 10 minutes and ENJOY
Hello every one to day I present to you a very easy easy easy chocolate cake with crumble. Actually my intention was not to bake this kind of cake but by mistake I created a tasty “torta meravigliosaso “I said wow I will share it on my blog, I know a lot of recipes are created by mistake and I decided this is going to be one of them. ENJOY
- 200grams (1 cup and 1/8cup)of dark chocolate
- 150grams (2/3 cup)of butter
- 100grams (1/2 cups)of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250grams (2 cups and 1/2cup)of shortbread biscuits
- 40grams (1/3 cup)of white flour
- Preheat oven to 150C/302F
- spray a 20cm/8″ round tin with oil/butter
- In the blender add the biscuits and crumble
- In microwave melt 50grams of butter
- Adds 150grams of the crumbled biscuits in to the melted butter and mix well
- Spread the mix at the bottom of the tin you have already prepared previously then put in fridge for half an hour
- Melt the chocolate, the rest of the butter and sugar together in double boiler
- When completely melted take off the heat and add the eggs mix immediately
- Add the flour sieving and mix till smooth
- pour the mixture in the tin over the crumbled biscuits then spread the rest of the crumble over the chocolate mix
- Bake for 20-25minutes, check with toothpick it has to come out with a little bit of moist
- Leave to rest for 10minutes and ENJOY
Hello every body, to day I have come up with a dish so good that you wouldn’t believe it can be prepared in just 15 minutes or less. It is well balanced for your palate, it is creamy, spicy, smoky, crunchy… It is the perfect pasta recipe for fast but incredibly tasty outcome.
Roasting your vegetables will give them this smoky flavor that I personally adore so much and also who wouldn’t like to see those gorgeous dark brown colors on there plate. It immediately gives you the feeling of warmth and good taste.
Serving : 4 plates
- 400 grams of your preferred dried pasta
- 100 grams cooked artichokes
- 100 grams sun dried tomatoes
- A hand full of green olives
- 200ml heavy cream
- salt and ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil ( we can use the oil which the sun dried tomatoes were in, it is already seasoned )
- Boil salted water to cook the pasta, when boiled add pasta and cook al dente
- Cut the artichokes and the sun dried tomatoes thinly
- Cut the olives in small circles
- Put a large frying pan on medium heat, first with out an added oil roast the artichokes when they are brownish take them out on a plate
- Then add the sun dried tomatoes on the same pan and roast them till they are fragrant and take them out on a plate
- Pour the heavy cream in the very same pan, add salt and pepper and let it simmer for 10 seconds
- Add the pasta and toss so that they will mix really well
- Add the roasted artichokes and sun dried tomatoes. Mix also the olives together
- When all are well mixed, serve hot( because any pasta dish with cold heavy cream is inedible ) with freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil on top. ENJOY.