This recipe is absolutely fabulous! It tastes like something that you would order at a nice restaurant.
You’ll want to cook it immediately and eat it, but patience will be rewarded; the shrimp taste better the longer they sit in the marinade. Leave them for a couple of hours, if you have the time.
The marinade is so easy to prepare and can be done ahead of time. If you prefer to spice up a little bit more add one teaspoon of chilly powder and minced garlic. It will definitely change the flavor a lot.
It is also possible to grill the shrimps instead of cooking them on a pan. They will have the smoky flavor that I adore. I practically want to grill every ingredient because I love the smoky taste and the smell of it. It is amazing.
Serving: 4 portion
- 16 cleaned shrimps
- 1 cooked broccoli
- 1 tomato
- 10 olives
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Some fresh chopped rosemary
- Some fresh chopped thyme
- The juice of freshly squeezed 1/2 lemon
- Oil, salt and pepper
- Marinate the shrimps in a bowl of rosemary, thyme, lemon, oil, salt and pepper. Put in a fridge and we will go on preparing our creamy broccoli
- In an immersion blender add the broccoli, the basil leaves and a little bit of lemon juice and blend all together until creamy
- Cut the tomatoes and the olives around the same small size
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high, take out the marinated shrimps from the fridge and cook them for 2 minutes for each side ( useful tip: don’t over cook the shrimps if so they will be rubbery. This is how you now when they are done, they will have a bright pink color out side, their flesh will be white and they will curl )
- Choose your plate, pour the creamy broccoli( one tablespoon for each shrimp) put the shrimps on top, at the side add the diced olives and tomatoes a drizzle of good quality olive oil on top and it is done. ENJOY
It is a luscious Mediterranean Tuna and tomato sauce Fusilli recipe. It is flavored with roasted dried tomatoes and the salty flavor of anchovies creating a healthy, filling main dish.
Italian tuna packed in olive oil is a must for this pasta dish: the flavorful oil is drained from the tuna and used for cooking the sauce.
Nothing can be as simple and delicious as this tuna pasta dish I made in under 15 minutes. It Autumn friendly, because the chilly powder will give the right amount of heat you need to make you feel warm.
I don’t know about you, but personally I could eat a lot of pasta( if it is cooked as good as this tuna and tomato sauce pasta) any time of the year, and in winter specially the lure of the carbohydrates becomes particularly tempting.
I also realized that it has to be a go-to recipe for every single busy person, who wants a fresh delicious meal prepared with minimum effort.
- 200 grams Italian tuna
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 celery
- 4 pieces of dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly pepper
- 4 anchovies
- some parsley leaves
- oil and salt
- Boil a salted water to cook the pasta.
- In a pot heat a little bit of oil ( I used the tuna oil which has a lot of flavor) and dissolve the anchovies.
- Clean and processes the onion, carrot and celery in a food processor. Add them in to a pot and cook until soft and transparent.
- Add the chilly pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- In the mean time on a hot grill.
- Heat a grill on high and grill the dried tomatoes a minute on each side, until dark, then cut them in to bite pieces.
- Add the tuna, the dried tomatoes, salt (if necessary) and mix.Add the pasta in a pot and mix well.
- Serve with sprinkled parsley and a drizzle of oil. ENJOY.
Chicken curry is a common delicacy in South Asia, Southeast Asia, as well as in the Caribbean (where it is usually referred to as “curry chicken”). A typical South Asian curry consists of chicken stewed in an onion and tomato-based sauce, flavored with ginger, garlic, mango chutney, tomato puree, chili peppers and a variety of spices, often including turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom and so on. Outside South Asia, chicken curry is often made with a pre-made spice mixture known as curry powder.
Now this chicken recipe is one of the easiest yet most rewarding recipe, it is so easy that even a novice cook can do it perfectly. It is also not as hot as it should be, because I added yogurt so that it will cut the level of the hotness.
But the delicious result depends on one thing only, a very good quality curry powder. It is a mixture of all those magnificent spices that I have mentioned above, that results in a tasty out come.
- 200 grams rise
- 8 sliced Chicken breast
- 6 teaspoons of Curry
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 5 tablespoons unflavored yogurt
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 1 finely chopped fresh garlic and 1/4 of teaspoon grated ginger
- Pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
- Oil, salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Cook the rise according to packet instruction
- Cut the chicken in to bite size
- Heat a pan on medium with a little bit of oil, cook the chicken until half way through about 10 minutes add 2 teaspoon curry powder cook for another 5 minutes
- Put it in a bowl and set aside
- On the same pan, add the chopped onion cook till transparent and soft, add a little bit of oil if necessary
- Add the garlic and ginger mix, the rest of the curry and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce and the yogurt cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the vegetable broth and the chicken. Cook until thick for about 10-15 minutes
- Pour the chicken curry over the rise, sprinkle with parsley. ENJOY
Yesterday me and my family have the opportunity to go to a STREET FOOD FESTIVAL in ROVERETO and taste some of the delicious foods they have prepared.
Before we went there, I thought to my self I would like to eat a good, lemony, spicy grilled chicken with some salad and some kind of dressing. Unfortunately there wasn’t, so I said to my self this is going to be my next post on my blog.
Here are some pictures form the street food festival and the deliciousness we have tasted and enjoyed.
PASTRAMI BLACK AND PORCHETTA
CHURROS AND LA SEBADA ( it is a sweet filled with cheese and fried)
This is my version of SPICY CHICKEN KEBAB
This recipe is quick, easy and would go well as part of a mixed meal. Wrapped up in a tortilla, or making it a sandwich (the way I have done it )however, it is going to be one of your favorite lunchtime/dinner sandwiches.
With its smoky, sweet, sour, spicy tastes and creamy texture,the result is completely different from regular chicken kebab, but equally delicious.
- Four slices of whole bread
- 150 grams ( 1 cup) chicken
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- some fresh chopped rosemary
- olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Chopped salad
- Some sliced tomatoes
- Some sliced onion
- Greek yogurt dressing ( two tablespoon of Greek yogurt, a splash of oil, two teaspoon mayonnaise, chopped chives and salt )
- Juice of half a lemon
- Two teaspoon of honey
- First thing is first, we pound and marinate the chicken with olive oil, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper. Put it in a fridge from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat a grill on medium with a little bit of oil, cook the marinated chicken 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In the mean time mix the lemon juice and honey
- Take them out, cut them in small bite pieces and put them back on the grill. Now pour the lemon and honey mix over them and cook for another minute, turning them over every now and then.
- Put the whole bread, the tomatoes and the onion on the grill for a minute on each side, take them out spread some of the yogurt sauce on both breads
- On one of the breads put the salad, onion, tomatoes, the chicken and some yogurt cover it with the other half and ENJOY it while it is hot.
Love banana bread? Great. You can get the same flavor with this muffins that bakes a whole lot faster and already portioned.
This muffin can be dessert, snack or breakfast for kids as well as adults.What can be more ideal for week days, full of school and work.
I have used chocolate cause it is my baby’s favorite sweet in the whole world. But if you want to make it a little bit healthier, can also add chopped nuts or you can leave out either the chocolate or the nuts.
All the dry ingredients in one large bowl
- 230 grams ( 1 cup) white all purpose flour
- 100 grams ( 1/2 cup) of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 0,5 gram vanilla in powder( 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100 grams Dark chocolate chopped
All the wet ingredients in another large bowl
- 2 eggs
- 3 large mashed ripen bananas
- 100 grams (1/2 cups) butter melted and cooled to a room temperature
- Icing sugar for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 150°C /302°F
- Line a twelve cup muffin pan with paper liners or just spray with oil or butter them and set aside
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Put all the wet ingredients ( starting from the eggs beaten, mashed bananas and melted butter) in the other bowl and mix well
- Put the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until smooth. Be careful not to over mix it or the muffin will be though but it must be homogeneous
- Use an ice cream scoop or two tablespoons to distribute the batter evenly in the muffin pan
- Cook for 40 minutes / until a tooth pick comes out clean
- Let cool for 10 minutes garnish with icing sugar and ENJOY
I made this cake for one of my best friends MAKI, love you beautiful, who lives in Finland. She asked me to make some thing delicious with berries, because at this time of the year they have a lot of them.
So, I made this super duper BERRIES AND LEMON PLUM CAKE. This cake is so moist that it needs to be cut carefully, so not to smoosh it. It is so delicious too.
I used half fresh and half frozen berries cause I had them in freezer, but feel free to use only fresh or only frozen berries.
If you are not going to finish it in a day, I suggest you put it in the fridge and finish it with in 3 days.
Special thanks to https://smittenkitchen.com/2008/04/lemon-yogurt-anything-cake/ which I have used as reference. It is an amazing blog, I admire every recipe they post.
- 190 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour + one tablespoon for dusting
- 16 grams (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 230 grams (1 cup) Greek yogurt
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 lemon zest
- A juice of 1 lemon
- 1 gram vanilla powder (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup ) sunflower vegetable oil
- About 100 grams (1 cup) fresh blueberries
- About 100 grams (1 cup) frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C /302°F. Grease an 11 x 25 cm loaf pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients, except the sugar, and set aside
- In another bowl, whisk together first the sugar and the eggs then add the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil.
- Add the dry ingredients(small amount at a time) into the wet ingredients and mix delicately until homogeneous
- At last dust the fresh and frozen berries with one tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Bake the plum cake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave 15 minuter to cool and ENJOY for breakfast, snack, or for dessert. Your choice.
Bolognese sauce known in Italy as ragù alla bolognese or simply ragù, is a meat-based sauce originating from Bologna, Italy. In Italian cuisine, it is customarily used to dress “tagliatelle al ragù” and to prepare “lasagne alla bolognese“. In the absence of tagliatelle, it can also be used with other broad, flat pasta shapes, such as pappardelle or fettuccine. Then topped with Parmesan cheese or any other cheese of your preference.
Bolognese sauce is a slowly cooked sauce. Ingredients include a characteristic sautéing of onion, celery and carrot, different types of minced or finely chopped beef, often alongside small amounts of fatty pork. Red wine and a small amount of tomato paste and peeled tomato, the dish is then gently simmered at length to produce a thick sauce. Rosemary and parsley are the two herbs that compliment the taste of the bolognese sauce.
I am going to bring the bolognese sauce to whole another level by adding my spicy mix. Which is a mixture of dried Guajillo pepper / chili pepper,dried onion, garlic, grains of paradise / cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, ground black pepper and salt. All of these ingredients will be roasted, let cool then grind. I will write a post on the spicy mix that I usually use to make my tasty dishes.
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 celery without string and diced
- 2 tablespoon my spicy mix ( chili flakes)
- 150 g( ⅔ cup ) minced beef
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 can of peeled tomato
- 500 ml( 2 1/4 cups) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 fresh garlic
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Using a food processor mince the onion, the carrot and the celery.
- In a big pot on low heat, cook the minced vegetables until they finish their water.
- Add the oil, cover the lead and cook till they are soft and transparent about 7-10 minutes. Stirring every now and then.
- Add my spicy mix or the chili flakes and cook for another 10 minutes. If it tends to burn add a little bit of hot water.
- Now add the minced beef( make sure that they don’t attack to each other and form a ball) cook for another 10 minutes – 15 minutes. Until it finishes its water.
- Flavor the beef with red wine and let the alcohol evaporate by putting the heat on high.
- Then lower the heat on minimum, add the peeled tomatoes, the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stirring occasionally cook at least for an 45 minutes or until the tomato paste is reduced by half. If it is not dense enough keep it cooking for another 10-15 minutes
- Add the freshly minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add rosemary, chopped parsley and ENJOY