Fetira is one of my favorite breakfast ever. It can also be a snack or a Sunday brunch. Once again I give my thanks to my friend Maky, who showed me the recipe. I have made it as simple as possible, illustrated with a step by step photo.
If you want a variety, beat an egg and after you cook the fetira on one side turn it over spread it with a spoon of beaten egg after two minutes flip it again to cook the egg. You have got your carbohydrate and your protein too.
- 200g(1 and 1/4 cups) white flour ( some more for dusting)
- 150ml( 1/2 cup) salted water
- Butter(enough to spread over the dough)
- Sunflower oil (just enough to cover the pan every time you cook the fetira)
- Maple syrup
yield – 6 to 8 servings
- In a big bowl mix the flour and water till you make a dough
- Take it out on your working border and stretch it out thinly
3.Picking a little butter with your fingers spread it all over the rolled out pasta
4.Tear the pasta right at the center and fold it towards the outside and make a circle
5.Smash it against the working border so that it gets lose and fluffy
6.Cut the dough in 6-8 equal sizes
7.Roll out each one to a small disk, spread some butter again fold all the edges to the center and roll it out again
8.Heat a non stick pan with a little bit of oil and cook till golden brown about 2 minutes on each. Drizzle some maple syrup and ENJOY.