Pineapple is delicious on it’s own, but if you want something quick and easy to make for dessert try grilling it. It becomes so testy and spicy. It is also served hot and juicy so it gives it a touch of warmth.If you add a scoop of ice cream, wow you will be satisfied.
There are so many ways you can use pineapples to flavor your meals and it is so easy to make and adds a ton of flavor. I know it is winter but I decided to add a touch of summer in the middle of winter and it worked. Me, my family and a dear friend of mine who came to visit us from Finland (Maki) have enjoyed it sooooo much. And I am sure you will too.
The lemon juice will help to cut some of the sweets, if you decided to go sweet all the way by all means don’t use the the lemon juice.
- 1 fresh pineapple ( peeled, cut and cored)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 small cubbed butter
- splash of white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- In a big bowl add the maple syrup, the cinnamon, the white wine, pinch of salt mix very well then add the pineapple again mix till every part of the pineapple is covered and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- preheat grilled pan( preferably the one with a cover) for medium heat
- when it is hot enough trough the cubbed butter and immediately put the pineapple wedges on the grill ( don’t wait till the butter is burned)
- when the pineapple is heated trough, 5-7 minutes add the rest of the marinate from the bowl and the lemon juice in to the grill and cover your grill so that the steam will soften the pineapple
- after a minute you are done. Serve hot and ENJOY.