I dedicate this delicious FRENCH TOAST to one of my dearest friend TIGIST BAYLEYEGN. You have already asked me for a simple recipe, and I have promised I would write a post about it. Now here it is, beautiful, enjoy with love. It is absolutely one of my favorite breakfast/ brunch too. I love the simplicity of preparing it and the delicious out come.
The cinnamon( one of my favorite spice on earth) gives you the nutty flavor. This French toast is also sweet, crunchy and buttery. All in all it is a mixture of good flavors working in harmony.
I made mine with a day old bread so that when I sock the bread in the egg mixture it wouldn’t absorb all the liquid. And I cut it thick enough to have a really good bite.
Yield – 2 to 3 servings
- A day old half loaf of bread cut thick
- 2 whole egg beaten
- A dash of milk
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- Enough butter to toast
- Fresh fruit of your choice
- Maple syrup
- Heat a big pan with a bit of butter over medium heat.
- Mix the eggs, the milk, the cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Beat with a fork or a hand mixer until well combined.
- Then deep the bread in the egg mix for two seconds on both sides and lay on the hot pan.
- Cook for two minutes on both sides or until the bread is golden brown
- Take them out on a plate garnish with maple syrup and freshly fruit. ENJOY.