Fettuccine means “little ribbons” in Italian. Fettuccine is a type of pasta popular in Roman and Tuscan cuisine. It is a flat thick pasta made of egg and flour (usually one egg for every 100 g of flour), wider than but similar to the tagliatelle typical of Bologna.
Fettuccine Alfredo or fettuccine al burro is a pasta dish made from fettuccini tossed with Parmesan cheese and butter. As the cheese melts, it emulsifies the liquids to form a smooth and rich sauce coating on the pasta. Adding saffron and heavy cream is going to make it even creamier and colorful.
Its simplicity makes it the perfect dish for weekdays and/or for busy weekends. If you have to prepare a delicious pasta in less than 10-15 minutes this is your to go recipe. you can also add bacon or speck for flavorful result.
For example, if you spend a whole morning preparing a succulents roasted chicken, delicious Italian TIRAMISU and the perfect salad. Now it is already lunch time Fettuccine Alfredo with saffron will save the day.
- 30grams( 1/8 cup) butter
- 200ml ( 3/4 cup) heavy cream
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron powder
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped chives
- 400grams dry fettuccini pasta
- Salted boiling water
- In a big non stick saucepan melt the butter, add the heavy cream and stir.
- After a minute add the saffron and let it dissolve completely.
- In the mean time cook the pasta which probably will take 5-6 minutes.
- Now add the Parmesan cheese and make a velvety cream.
- when the pasta is al dente drain and mix directly with the sauce.
- Incorporate well and serve immediately with chopped chives on top. ENJOY.