Here in Trento, at times the temperature is as high as 35-38 degree Celsius ( 95-100 degree Fahrenheit ). It is so so so hot, when a return home from work around 3:30 PM, I would like to eat some thing light, tasty, easy to prepare and nutritional as well.
I have picked the cabbage, the cheery tomatoes and the basil from my own garden, I feel really good saying that. I have to thank my dear husband, Fitsum, for all the hard work. This rainbow colored past salad is fresh and easy to prepare, like I said. The pasta has to be cooked and cooled before hand, so you can cook it way before preparing your salad. Every other ingredient, with and exception of the bacon, can be prepared and refrigerated before hand. So basically it will be a 10 minutes preparation after wards.
I have used a little bit more of sun dried tomatoes, because I like them so much. They give a lot of flavor for any kind of dish I prepare, for example BUCATINI WITH PEELED TOMATOES AND OLIVES is mouth watering.
I didn’t use salt because the olives, the tuna and the sun dried tomatoes are kind of salty. Plus the pasta is already cooked in salted water, so it is going to be pretty tasty with out salt. And again it is better to avoid salt if possible.
- Quarter of a small cabbage
- 50 grams( 1/2 cup ) cooked whole pasta
- A hand full of cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- A hand full of peas
- 50 grams( 1/4 cup) canned tuna
- 50 grams (1 cup) sun dried tomatoes
- 2 basil leaves
- 2 teaspoon of olives
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- Three thinly sliced bacon
- Great the cabbage with mandolin, cut the cherry tomatoes in half, peel the carrot very thinly using a potato peeler.
- Cut the sun dried tomatoes in to small pieces.
- Drain the tuna oil
- Mix all the ingredients, except the bacon, in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a grill / a pan cook the bacon, with out any oil, until crisp
- Break the cooked bacon in to small pieces and spread over the pasta salad
- Add oil toss every ingredient together, sprinkle the chopped basil and ENJOY.