Pasta frolla ( tart/ pastry dough ) is one of the basics of pastry. And this recipe will make impeccably difference in your recipe collection! There are several variants of the preparation on the basis of the proportion of liquid and dry ingredients or the working method. What ever the method, you are going to end up with a dough that can end up being enjoyed by your loved once.
You only need eggs, butter, sugar and flour to prepare this pastry pasta. By all means you can use an electric mixer for the dough, I made it by hand, you only have to do it as fast as you can so that the butter doesn’t melt. The fact that we are going to use an icing sugar is going to make the dough even more crumbly and great. For this specific apple tart the dough is going to be a little bit more. So I made some cookies with the remaining dough. And it was delicious.
As you can see in the photos I enjoyed my piece of apple tart with a vanilla ice cream which gives it more character and deliciousness. I suggest you do the same cause you will find it pleasurable.
Ingredients for the crust
- 500grams white flour + some more flour for dusting
- 250grams cold and chopped butter
- 200grams icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 5 gold apple
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 lemon juice
- 4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 20grams of butter
- Preheat oven to 150c/302F.
- Spray a 20cm/8″ round tin with oil or line with baking/parchment paper. This is done.
- In a big bowl add the flour, the butter and mix them together (with your hands) as fast as you can ( you will have a sandy consistency)
- Add the icing sugar and mix well again
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add the lemon zest, the honey, the baking powder and a pinch of salt then beat again
- Add the eggs in to the bowl of the flour and mix them till homogeneous( if it gets sticky take it out on a counter dust some flour and mix again until a smooth dough)
- Cover the dough with film and put in a fridge for half an hour
- Now let’s do the filling, clean, peel and cut the apple thinly.
- Cook them in a pan over medium heat for 10-15minutes adding the cinnamon, the lemon juice and half of the brown sugar.
- Take out the dough and spread it on a counter putting under it a little bit of flour
- Put it in the tin that we have prepared earlier, and cook only the dough for 15 minutes
- When it is cooked take it out and spread it with the strawberry jam, the cooked apple and the rest of the brown sugar. cook for another 20 minutes.
- When finished take it out and let it cool for 30minutes and ENJOY.