This recipe is absolutely fabulous! It tastes like something that you would order at a nice restaurant.
You’ll want to cook it immediately and eat it, but patience will be rewarded; the shrimp taste better the longer they sit in the marinade. Leave them for a couple of hours, if you have the time.
The marinade is so easy to prepare and can be done ahead of time. If you prefer to spice up a little bit more add one teaspoon of chilly powder and minced garlic. It will definitely change the flavor a lot.
It is also possible to grill the shrimps instead of cooking them on a pan. They will have the smoky flavor that I adore. I practically want to grill every ingredient because I love the smoky taste and the smell of it. It is amazing.
Serving: 4 portion
- 16 cleaned shrimps
- 1 cooked broccoli
- 1 tomato
- 10 olives
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Some fresh chopped rosemary
- Some fresh chopped thyme
- The juice of freshly squeezed 1/2 lemon
- Oil, salt and pepper
- Marinate the shrimps in a bowl of rosemary, thyme, lemon, oil, salt and pepper. Put in a fridge and we will go on preparing our creamy broccoli
- In an immersion blender add the broccoli, the basil leaves and a little bit of lemon juice and blend all together until creamy
- Cut the tomatoes and the olives around the same small size
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high, take out the marinated shrimps from the fridge and cook them for 2 minutes for each side ( useful tip: don’t over cook the shrimps if so they will be rubbery. This is how you now when they are done, they will have a bright pink color out side, their flesh will be white and they will curl )
- Choose your plate, pour the creamy broccoli( one tablespoon for each shrimp) put the shrimps on top, at the side add the diced olives and tomatoes a drizzle of good quality olive oil on top and it is done. ENJOY