The last piece of the puzzle, I am so sorry I didn’t get to post all the elements of our Christmas lunch earlier but finally I have done it, thank God. May be you can use it for other special occasions or for up coming new year 2019.
Well we have started with our delicious starter: ANCHOVY AND DRIED TOMATO BROCHETTE then came our so easy but delicate first course,SPAGHETTI WITH FISH AND CHERRY TOMATOES now we have got the main dish which is a BEEF MEATLOAF and for our dessert we have my all time favorite CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES AND HOT CHOCOLATE WITH MARSHMALLOW .
Serve: 8 portions
For the meatloaf
- 800gramms ground beef
- 2 slices of bread
- A little bit of milk enough to wet the bread
- 4 eggs
- A mixture of onion, celery, carrot chopped and cooked
- Different kinds of spices of your choice
- 1 freshly crushed garlic
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- olive oil
For the gravy
- A little bit of butter
- Some flour
- The liquid that is going to come out of the meatloaf
For the oven roasted potatoes
- 1/2 a kilo of potatoes
- 4 small rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper
- pinch of salt
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c/356F
- Cook 3 of the eggs, they have to be hard boiled
- In a small bowl soak the bread with the milk
- In a big bowl add the ground beef , onion, garlic, the spices, one whole egg, the bread squeezed of excess milk, salt, pepper mix well put it the fridge
- Peel and cut the potatoes. Season them and put them on a tray ready to be cooked
- When the eggs are cooked drain and peel
- On a parchment paper spread the mixture of meat, put the 3 eggs in the middle cover them with the beef and make a cylinder shaped meatloaf
- Put some rosemary leaves on the side and over the meatloaf. Drizzle with a little bit of oil
- Roll the parchment paper over the meatloaf very tightly and tie the ends
- Transfer the meatloaf to the cooking tray and cook for 1hour and 15minutes (until the liquid coming out of the loaf is clear)
- While the meatloaf is resting lets prepare the gravy
- In a small pot add the butter and the flour stir till amalgamated, add the broth that came out of the meatloaf after it is cooked and stir constantly
- When it has the desired consistency take it out of the fire and serve with the meatloaf
- After 10minutes of rest cut the meatloaf add the gravy and some potatoes. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
In continuance of our Christmas lunch, after the delicious starter we just prepared. I am going to share a delicious first course which is a pasta dish. This is a very quick and easy meal ( 15 minutes) exactly for our intention not to spend more time than necessary in the kitchen. It is a single plate with three, simple to find, ingredients and the outcome will surprise you.
For me Christmas is time spent with family, I personally would prefer spending as much time as possible with family and friends and pass the message of family first no matter what.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
We will also prepare our dessert in advance, it is going to be a simple but amazing and every kids dream that is traaaaa: chocolate chips cookie next to hot chocolate topped with marshmallow. It is going to be out of this world and we can involve our kids under our supervision.
Serving: 4 portion
- Two cans of Mackerel fish
- 200grams cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of crushed fresh garlic
- A little bit of tomato sauce
- 400grams spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- A little bit of freshly rosemary
- Boil salted water for the spaghetti.
- Wash and cut the cheery tomatoes in half.
- cook them in a pan with the garlic and a little bit of olive oil for about 10 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for 5 more minutes
- The water must be boiling by now, add the spaghetti and cook al dente ( according to a packet instruction).
- Open the can of Mackerel, add a little bit of the oil and the entire fish to the pan, mix well and Let it simmer for 2 minutes or so
- Add salt and pepper. Taste the seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- Drain the spaghetti and add it directly to the prepared sauce. Toss the ingredients together if you find it a little bit dry add the cooking water, it will make it more creamier and delicious.
- Serve it sprinkling with fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. .ENJOY
I thought of making an entire Christmas lunch, and I began with a very simple starter of anchovies, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and olives. Which will be put on a day or so old worm bread. So it is bruschetta, very very easy to assemble and the saltiness of the anchovies will make you want to eat the next pasta dish, which is pasta with Mackerel fish and fresh cherry tomatoes. It is a pasta dish that needs only 15min. of preparation, which makes it ideal for holidays cause no body needs to cook food that is going to need hours and hours of preparation in that specific day.
- 4 Slice of bread
- 4 Anchovy
- A good quality olive oil
- 2 Dried tomato
- 4 small pieces of Mozzarella
- 4 olives
- Slice the bread into one bit size( because our starter is going to be finger food)
- Put the sliced bread in the oven at 150 °C / 302°F for 5-7 minutes just to worm them up and make them a little bit crunchy
- In the meantime drain and cut the dried tomatoes in to small pieces
- Do the same procedure for the mozzarella cheese
- Take out the worm bread and arrange your starter starting from the anchovies then the mozzarella, the dried tomatoes and at last but not least the olive
- Then drizzle a good quality olive oil on the top and serve. ENJOY
Hello every body, to day I have come up with a dish so good that you wouldn’t believe it can be prepared in just 15 minutes or less. It is well balanced for your palate, it is creamy, spicy, smoky, crunchy… It is the perfect pasta recipe for fast but incredibly tasty outcome.
Roasting your vegetables will give them this smoky flavor that I personally adore so much and also who wouldn’t like to see those gorgeous dark brown colors on there plate. It immediately gives you the feeling of warmth and good taste.
Serving : 4 plates
- 400 grams of your preferred dried pasta
- 100 grams cooked artichokes
- 100 grams sun dried tomatoes
- A hand full of green olives
- 200ml heavy cream
- salt and ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil ( we can use the oil which the sun dried tomatoes were in, it is already seasoned )
- Boil salted water to cook the pasta, when boiled add pasta and cook al dente
- Cut the artichokes and the sun dried tomatoes thinly
- Cut the olives in small circles
- Put a large frying pan on medium heat, first with out an added oil roast the artichokes when they are brownish take them out on a plate
- Then add the sun dried tomatoes on the same pan and roast them till they are fragrant and take them out on a plate
- Pour the heavy cream in the very same pan, add salt and pepper and let it simmer for 10 seconds
- Add the pasta and toss so that they will mix really well
- Add the roasted artichokes and sun dried tomatoes. Mix also the olives together
- When all are well mixed, serve hot( because any pasta dish with cold heavy cream is inedible ) with freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil on top. ENJOY.
This recipe is absolutely fabulous! It tastes like something that you would order at a nice restaurant.
You’ll want to cook it immediately and eat it, but patience will be rewarded; the shrimp taste better the longer they sit in the marinade. Leave them for a couple of hours, if you have the time.
The marinade is so easy to prepare and can be done ahead of time. If you prefer to spice up a little bit more add one teaspoon of chilly powder and minced garlic. It will definitely change the flavor a lot.
It is also possible to grill the shrimps instead of cooking them on a pan. They will have the smoky flavor that I adore. I practically want to grill every ingredient because I love the smoky taste and the smell of it. It is amazing.
Serving: 4 portion
- 16 cleaned shrimps
- 1 cooked broccoli
- 1 tomato
- 10 olives
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Some fresh chopped rosemary
- Some fresh chopped thyme
- The juice of freshly squeezed 1/2 lemon
- Oil, salt and pepper
- Marinate the shrimps in a bowl of rosemary, thyme, lemon, oil, salt and pepper. Put in a fridge and we will go on preparing our creamy broccoli
- In an immersion blender add the broccoli, the basil leaves and a little bit of lemon juice and blend all together until creamy
- Cut the tomatoes and the olives around the same small size
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high, take out the marinated shrimps from the fridge and cook them for 2 minutes for each side ( useful tip: don’t over cook the shrimps if so they will be rubbery. This is how you now when they are done, they will have a bright pink color out side, their flesh will be white and they will curl )
- Choose your plate, pour the creamy broccoli( one tablespoon for each shrimp) put the shrimps on top, at the side add the diced olives and tomatoes a drizzle of good quality olive oil on top and it is done. ENJOY
Chicken curry is a common delicacy in South Asia, Southeast Asia, as well as in the Caribbean (where it is usually referred to as “curry chicken”). A typical South Asian curry consists of chicken stewed in an onion and tomato-based sauce, flavored with ginger, garlic, mango chutney, tomato puree, chili peppers and a variety of spices, often including turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom and so on. Outside South Asia, chicken curry is often made with a pre-made spice mixture known as curry powder.
Now this chicken recipe is one of the easiest yet most rewarding recipe, it is so easy that even a novice cook can do it perfectly. It is also not as hot as it should be, because I added yogurt so that it will cut the level of the hotness.
But the delicious result depends on one thing only, a very good quality curry powder. It is a mixture of all those magnificent spices that I have mentioned above, that results in a tasty out come.
- 200 grams rise
- 8 sliced Chicken breast
- 6 teaspoons of Curry
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 5 tablespoons unflavored yogurt
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 1 finely chopped fresh garlic and 1/4 of teaspoon grated ginger
- Pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
- Oil, salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Cook the rise according to packet instruction
- Cut the chicken in to bite size
- Heat a pan on medium with a little bit of oil, cook the chicken until half way through about 10 minutes add 2 teaspoon curry powder cook for another 5 minutes
- Put it in a bowl and set aside
- On the same pan, add the chopped onion cook till transparent and soft, add a little bit of oil if necessary
- Add the garlic and ginger mix, the rest of the curry and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce and the yogurt cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the vegetable broth and the chicken. Cook until thick for about 10-15 minutes
- Pour the chicken curry over the rise, sprinkle with parsley. ENJOY
Yesterday me and my family have the opportunity to go to a STREET FOOD FESTIVAL in ROVERETO and taste some of the delicious foods they have prepared.
Before we went there, I thought to my self I would like to eat a good, lemony, spicy grilled chicken with some salad and some kind of dressing. Unfortunately there wasn’t, so I said to my self this is going to be my next post on my blog.
Here are some pictures form the street food festival and the deliciousness we have tasted and enjoyed.
PASTRAMI BLACK AND PORCHETTA
CHURROS AND LA SEBADA ( it is a sweet filled with cheese and fried)
This is my version of SPICY CHICKEN KEBAB
This recipe is quick, easy and would go well as part of a mixed meal. Wrapped up in a tortilla, or making it a sandwich (the way I have done it )however, it is going to be one of your favorite lunchtime/dinner sandwiches.
With its smoky, sweet, sour, spicy tastes and creamy texture,the result is completely different from regular chicken kebab, but equally delicious.
- Four slices of whole bread
- 150 grams ( 1 cup) chicken
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- some fresh chopped rosemary
- olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Chopped salad
- Some sliced tomatoes
- Some sliced onion
- Greek yogurt dressing ( two tablespoon of Greek yogurt, a splash of oil, two teaspoon mayonnaise, chopped chives and salt )
- Juice of half a lemon
- Two teaspoon of honey
- First thing is first, we pound and marinate the chicken with olive oil, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper. Put it in a fridge from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat a grill on medium with a little bit of oil, cook the marinated chicken 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In the mean time mix the lemon juice and honey
- Take them out, cut them in small bite pieces and put them back on the grill. Now pour the lemon and honey mix over them and cook for another minute, turning them over every now and then.
- Put the whole bread, the tomatoes and the onion on the grill for a minute on each side, take them out spread some of the yogurt sauce on both breads
- On one of the breads put the salad, onion, tomatoes, the chicken and some yogurt cover it with the other half and ENJOY it while it is hot.