It is a luscious Mediterranean Tuna and tomato sauce Fusilli recipe. It is flavored with roasted dried tomatoes and the salty flavor of anchovies creating a healthy, filling main dish.
Italian tuna packed in olive oil is a must for this pasta dish: the flavorful oil is drained from the tuna and used for cooking the sauce.
Nothing can be as simple and delicious as this tuna pasta dish I made in under 15 minutes. It Autumn friendly, because the chilly powder will give the right amount of heat you need to make you feel warm.
I don’t know about you, but personally I could eat a lot of pasta( if it is cooked as good as this tuna and tomato sauce pasta) any time of the year, and in winter specially the lure of the carbohydrates becomes particularly tempting.
I also realized that it has to be a go-to recipe for every single busy person, who wants a fresh delicious meal prepared with minimum effort.
- 200 grams Italian tuna
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 celery
- 4 pieces of dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly pepper
- 4 anchovies
- some parsley leaves
- oil and salt
- Boil a salted water to cook the pasta.
- In a pot heat a little bit of oil ( I used the tuna oil which has a lot of flavor) and dissolve the anchovies.
- Clean and processes the onion, carrot and celery in a food processor. Add them in to a pot and cook until soft and transparent.
- Add the chilly pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- In the mean time on a hot grill.
- Heat a grill on high and grill the dried tomatoes a minute on each side, until dark, then cut them in to bite pieces.
- Add the tuna, the dried tomatoes, salt (if necessary) and mix.Add the pasta in a pot and mix well.
- Serve with sprinkled parsley and a drizzle of oil. ENJOY.