I made this cake for one of my best friends MAKI, love you beautiful, who lives in Finland. She asked me to make some thing delicious with berries, because at this time of the year they have a lot of them.
So, I made this super duper BERRIES AND LEMON PLUM CAKE. This cake is so moist that it needs to be cut carefully, so not to smoosh it. It is so delicious too.
I used half fresh and half frozen berries cause I had them in freezer, but feel free to use only fresh or only frozen berries.
If you are not going to finish it in a day, I suggest you put it in the fridge and finish it with in 3 days.
Special thanks to https://smittenkitchen.com/2008/04/lemon-yogurt-anything-cake/ which I have used as reference. It is an amazing blog, I admire every recipe they post.
- 190 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour + one tablespoon for dusting
- 16 grams (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 230 grams (1 cup) Greek yogurt
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 lemon zest
- A juice of 1 lemon
- 1 gram vanilla powder (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup ) sunflower vegetable oil
- About 100 grams (1 cup) fresh blueberries
- About 100 grams (1 cup) frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C /302°F. Grease an 11 x 25 cm loaf pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients, except the sugar, and set aside
- In another bowl, whisk together first the sugar and the eggs then add the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil.
- Add the dry ingredients(small amount at a time) into the wet ingredients and mix delicately until homogeneous
- At last dust the fresh and frozen berries with one tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Bake the plum cake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave 15 minuter to cool and ENJOY for breakfast, snack, or for dessert. Your choice.