Me and my daughter have made fresh bread at home for the first time. She has this cooking class she takes in school, so she has already baked bread. But at home it is the very first time and it’s her idea.
I am very happy with the result, and I would like to try with other kinds of flours. This could be my future project.
This is a basic white bread that bakes up deliciously golden brown. I enjoy the aroma of freshly baked homemade bread in my kitchen.
- 15 grams compressed yeast
- A little bit of warm water
- 300 grams water at room temperature
- 20 grams olive oil
- 10 grams white sugar
- 10 grams salt
- 800 grams ( 6 cups )of white flour 00 ( some for dusting )
- A hand full of sesame seeds
- Prepare a big bowl
- In another small bowl dissolve the yeast in a little bit of warm water and set aside
- Mix the room temperature water with the rest of the ingredients,except the flour, in the big bowl that you have prepared earlier and mix well
- Add a small amount of the flour at a time and mix using a hand mixer or an electric mixer
- After putting in half of the flour incorporate also the dissolve yeast and continue adding the flour in small amounts until you finish it
- Now incorporate with your hands, if the dough is sticking add a little bit of flour
- Now take it out of the bowl.Put it on your work table and work on the dough until it is smooth and homogeneous about 10 minutes
- Put the dough in the previous bowl coated with oil, cover with a damp cloth and put it where there is no draft for about two hours
- After two hours, deflate the dough, form it on to your preferred shape/ size on your baking tray, sprinkle some of the sesame seeds over, cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest again for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius 395 degree Fahrenheit
- When the dough run its course bake it in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until you knock the bottom of the bread with your hand and hear a hollow sound.
- Let it cool down and ENJOY it how ever you desire.