Hear in Trento the heat is over the roof and it definitely turns off the desire to stay on the stove, now the only answer is : cold pasta! Light, easy to prepare and fresh. This cold zucchini pasta is really special, because the zucchini is marinated with lime juice, which flavors the pasta with fresh and pungent notes of lime and mint. It does not end here: cherry tomatoes, celery, olive and feta cheese marry perfectly with marinated zucchini and make this cold pasta a colorful and inviting dish. You can prepare it with your favorite pasta and make this cold pasta a tasty dish at home or for a day out.
Yield: 4 serving
- 300grams ( 2 cups )zucchini
- 1 lime
- 20 cherry tomatoes ( 1 cup)
- 1 medium celery with the leaves
- 1 medium fresh pickle
- A hand full of green olives
- 10grams(1 cup) feta cheese
- some mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Good quality olive oil
- Salted boiling water
- 320grams small dry pasta
- Clean the zucchini and slice them very finely with a mandolin, to obtain a thickness of about 1 millimeter.
- In a bowl ( not aluminum) add the zucchini, lime zest, lime juice, chopped mint, olives and olive oil. Add salt and pepper mix well and marinate in fridge for an hour.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water and drain al dente
- Pour into a bowl season with a little bit of oil and let it cool.
- In the mean time clean the strings and cut the celery in small pieces including the leaves
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in four pieces
- Cut the feta cheese in square pieces
- Take out the zucchini from the fridge, mix every ingredient together well. Add more oil and ENJOY.