It is for the first time that I have baked a GREEK YOGURT CREAM CHEESECAKE and I am really happy with the result.
The cinnamony ( one of my favorite spice on the face of the earth) chocolate biscuit take the place of the usual graham crackers for the crust that satisfies the palate of anyone that tastes this cheesecake.
It’s sensational tangy and velvety yogurt flavor goes really well with the sweet and a little bit sour taste of the wild berries and strawberries. It’s so creamy and delicious, you may never need to make full-fat cheesecake again.
For the crust
- 450g (4 cups and 1/2) chocolate cookies
- 80g (3/8 cup) butter
- pinch of cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoon of water
For the filling
- 3 eggs
- 150g (3/4 cup) sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 300g (1 cup and 1/8) Greek yogurt
- 550g ( 2 cups and 1/2) soft/ cream cheese
- lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 200g ( 2 cups) wild berries( frozen or fresh)
- 50g ( 1/4 cup) sugar
- 100g ( 1/2 cup) fresh strawberries
- Cover only the bottom of a 20cm/8″ round tin with parchment paper.
- Heat your oven 150C/ 302F
- Now we will have to make the crust. Put the biscuits in a blender and crumble it well( It has to be fine )
- In the mean time melt the butter
- In a bowl add the crumbled biscuit and the butter. Mix well and a little bit of water at a time till it can stick to each other
- Spread it in the prepared tin press it really good with high boards and put it in a fridge until you prepare the filling
- For the filling add the eggs and the sugar bit it together either with an electric mixer or by hand. Then add the cinnamon and the nutmeg and mix again.
- Now add the yogurt, the soft cheese, the lemon zest and the flour and mix till homogeneous. You can taste this filling and imagine what the end result is going to be
- Take out the crust, pour the filling in and cook for 1hour and 15minutes
- For the glaze add the wild berries, the strawberries cut in slices and the sugar in a pan over medium heat( useful tip:add a little bit of water so that you will have a syrup)
- Check if the cake is cooked using a knife if it comes out with a little bit of wet filling it is perfectly fine
- Let it cool for 30minutes and put it in the fridge for 2hours or over night
- Spread the glaze of fruit that we have prepared earlier and ENJOY.