There are so many different ways that you can cook chicken drumsticks and make it absolutely delicious. No matter what flavor or cuisine you are looking for, you’re bound to find a fantastic recipe for chicken drumsticks.
These oven roasted chicken drumsticks are so so so good, juicy, spicy, lemony and every thing that a drumstick should be. The juice that the chicken is going to release during cooking is going to keep it moist but at the end, the last fifteen minutes, it is better to get ride of it so that you will have a crunchy skin. But if you want to you can also make a sauce out of the liquid, just pour it in a pan and thicken it on medium heat with a splash of flour.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 medium beets
- Handful of fresh rosemary
- Handful of fresh thyme
- 2 Fresh unpeeled garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon zest and its juice
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat the oven to 450F / 230C.
- Use a 2 and 1/2 quarts or 9 inch square baking dish, oil it and set aside.
- Prepare also a nonstick baking tray and oil it.
- Mix the seasonings together in a big bowl. Put in the drumstick, coat them with the seasoning and leave to marinate( useful tip; you can also marinate it the night before and put it in the fridge). Cut the lemon in 4 and put it in.
- Clean and cut the potatoes and the beets in to small pieces.
- Now spread the drumstick on the baking dish and drizzle all the seasoning left in the bowl on the chicken.
- Cook in oven first for 30minutes then take it out pour out all the liquid and cook again for 15minutes
- At the same time spread the potatoes and beets on the baking tray. Drizzle oil, pinch of salt and some fresh rosemary and cook in oven for 30minutes.
- When done take it out and ENJOY.