I love this simple Moroccan-style couscous dish. It is a great way to use leftover chicken and it is also super healthy.This 15minute dinner salad is very quick to cook and lots of brightly flavored vegetables. I have done this recipe in the restaurant a lot of time and it is one of the favorites.
Yield – 4 servings
- 2 medium carrots cut in to small pieces
- 400grams couscous
- 150grams sweet corn
- 150grams peas
- 4 chicken breast
- Olive oil
- A mixture of 1 lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey
- Salt and fresh pepper
- Salted boiling water
- On medium heat put on a pan and cook the carrot, with a little bit of water and salt. Put the lid on ( if the water finishes before the carrot is cooked add a bit more)
- Now defrost the peas. Take out the corn from the can, drain and rinse.
- Heat the grill on medium heat with a little bit of oil.
- Put the couscous in a bowl, add a little bit of oil and with a fork mix them together(this will help the couscous not to attack to each other later)
- Add the boiling water in the bowl, a little bit above the couscous, and cover immediately ( I suggest a bowl of plastic or ceramic not aluminum cause it might change the taste of the couscous) takes 5minutes to cook.
- The grill must be hot by now put the chicken on and cook from 5 – 7 minutes.
- When the carrot is cooked add a little bit of oil, fresh grated pepper and caramelize for 3 minutes.
- Using a fork flake the couscous and add all the vegetables. Mix well.
- While the chicken is on the grill add half of the mixture of lemon juice and honey. Turn the chicken add the other half.
- Take the chicken out cut it in bite size and put on the couscous.
- Drizzle olive oil and ENJOY.