Just like I have promised, a long time ago, I am hear with the PANNA COTTA WITH COFFEE. This were my exact words” I remember the different types of panna cotta we used to make,when I was in culinary school. Ummm…..they were exquisite, specially the one with coffee flavor. In the near future I will try to recreate that unforgettable test.” Now I have done it and got to tell you that it is one of my favorite dessert of all time.
My husband doesn’t like panna cotta at all, but I really want him to. So when I decided to make this sweet with coffee I was sure that he will love it (cause he loves coffee) and he did. Plus it is the easiest dessert you could ever make. It is practically going to take you 15 minutes. And the out come is going to be delicious. If you even want to prepare it in advance for an upcoming occasion, you can make it the night before. What more could you ever ask?
You can keep it in the refrigerate up to 3 days. The dark chocolate will balance the flavor by cutting the sweetness of the panna cotta. The roasted coffees are meant to be eaten, they will add a crunch to the all delicate panna cotta.
Yield – depends on the size of cup you are going to use.
- 500ml/ 2.1 cups heavy cream
- 2 and 1/2 (5g/0,18oz) unflavored gelatin
- 100g/ 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 100g ( 1/2 cup) dark chocolate
- 30g ( 1/8 cup) butter
- Milk until the desired thickness is acquired
- Roasted coffee
- A little bit of icing sugar to put over the chocolate sauce
- First we will put the gelatin in cold water and leave aside
- Now we put the cream in a saucepan over a very low heat stirring constantly
- Then when it is warm we add the sugar and continue stirring (useful tip: don’t let the cream boil) until the sugar is all dissolved
- Add the instant coffee and stir well to incorporate it with the cream
- All this process, takes may be about 10 minutes
- Then squeeze well the gelatin from the cold water and put it in the cream and stir well leave aside to cool
- Prepare any kind of container you want. I have used a coffee cup. It could easily be a water glass, a champagne glass or any container that can go in a fridge
- Pour the cream in the containers and refrigerate at least for 2 hours up to over night
- While our panna is chilling lets make the dark chocolate sauce, in a bain marie we add the chocolate, the butter and the milk stir till liquid and it is done
- When the panna cotta is set there are two options for plating it.First you can pour the sauce over the panna cotta while it is in the container or you can pour the sauce on a plate and verse the panna cotta decor it with roasted coffee and ENJOY.