This is a very simple but tasty salad for any day of the year. Worm with chicken, cool with salad and delicate with a dressing of Caesar salad. Everyone likes chicken salad different ways: ground up and fine, large and chunky, full of onions, nuts, croûtons and many other ingredients. There are different combinations of chicken salad. What I will do is show you my chicken Salad. And the great thing about this recipe is, you can use the steps and ingredients as a basis for your own unique recipe, adding and subtracting whatever you want.
- 1 bone less chicken breast
- 1 carrot (cut in to pieces)
- 1 celery (cut in to pieces)
- 1 yellow onion (cut in half)
- Mixed salad ( enough for two portions)
- One medium tomato( cut in 6 pieces )
- Handful of walnuts
- cheese flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- First we have to cook the chicken breast.Begin by thoroughly rinsing the chicken and putting them in a big pot.Add the carrot, the celery, the onion, the chicken breast and a little bit of water with salt. Put on the cover and cook it on medium-low heat for 20-30min. (Make sure it didn’t run out of water)
- While the chicken is cooking we make the dressing, so in a big bowl add the ingredients mentioned above and mix with a hand mixer. Done.
- when the chicken is cooked, take it out of the pot and let it cool for 10 min. Shred it with your hands or with fork and that is it.
- In the bowl with the dressing add the mixed salad and toss well. Then over the salad put on the chicken, the tomato,the walnut and the cheese flakes. DONE. ENJOY.