Nothing says “weekend” like homemade pancakes for breakfast. These pancakes are not the traditional once. These are fluffy, spongy and spicy (cinnamon)
And you can also add fruit to the mixture or you can use different types of flour, if you want to experiment with whole wheat or buckwheat. It is also possible to add chocolate chips or even cocoa powder. So that it will be chocolaty.
The original recipe is called kaiserschmarrn, but I have changed a lot of things. I made it kids friendly by eliminating the raisins which were supposed to be socked with rum, I added cinnamon to give it that feeling of comfort and I also used maple syrup instead of cranberry. And this is the result.
Yield – 8 pancakes
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 120g(1 cup) flour
- 175ml(3/4 cup) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50g(1/4 cup) sugar
- 60g(1/4 cup) butter
- pinch of salt
- Maple syrup
- a little bit of butter
- Beat the yolk and the vanilla with an electric mixer
- Now add one tablespoon flour and one tablespoon milk then mix well. Continue alternating the flour and the milk till finished.
- Then add the cinnamon and mix again
- With a clean mixer beat the egg white adding a pinch of salt and a little bit of sugar at a time
- When the egg white is stiff, using a spatula mix it with the yolk mixture.As usual a little bit at a time.
- Cook the batter, with the size of your choose, on a non stick pan over medium heat with a little bit of butter
- When you finish all.while still warm drizzle with maple syrup, top with a little bit of butter and ENJOY.