This apple pie is so easy to make. We are going to use a top quality store bought apple pie crust, so it is only the filling that we have to prepare. Hear in Trento, there is a similar dessert called strudel. which is made with apple, but there are different ingredients add to that and the shape is also different. I promise to make it in on of my posts in the near future.
Any way this apple pie is to die for. I hope it becomes one of your favorites as it is mine. I have also liked the apple pie that I have seen on http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/old_fashioned_apple_pie/ . It is quit good.
yield – 8 servings
- 2 store bought pastry crust (at room temperature)
- 6 golden delicious apples (peeled, cored and sliced thinly)
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon butter cut in small cubes
- Icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 150C /302F. We are going to use a 2 and 1/2 quarts or 9 inch round tin baking dish with parchment paper or oil spray
- In a big bowl, we put in the sliced apple and the rest of all the ingredients listed above and mix them well
- Then lay the first pastry crust on the baking dish and fill it with the mixture of apple. Spread the cubed butter all over the apple.
- Unfold the second pastry over filling trim overhanging edge 1 inch from rim of plate. Fold and roll top edge under lower edge, pressing on rim to seal and cut slits in the top of the pie crust for steam vents.
- Cook pie for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Transfer the apple pie to a rack to cool for at least 1 hour. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature garnishing with icing sugar. ENJOY