The Barozzi cake is a sweet typical of Emilian cuisine. In particular it was devised in Vignola, near Modena. Barozzi is a chocolate dessert where simple ingredients combine to create a unique taste. It is prepared in a short time and does not require particular capacity.
I have made this cake kids friendly by not adding the alcohol. So in my house this delicious dessert will not last a day may be 2, but if it is going to last more in your house it would be better to refrigerate it up to 3 days.
If you guys like how I took the photos, I got the idea from this amazing blog by Charisma on charismaticbaking ,check it out it is beautiful.
- 250g / 1 and 1/4 cups dark chocolate (70%)
- 80g /3/5 cups butter
- 4 medium eggs(separated)
- 80g/ 3/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 100g /1/2 cup ground almond
- 2 tablespoons of coffee powder
- pinch of salt
- preheat oven at 150C/ 302F
- Spray a 2 and 1/2 quarts or 9 inch square baking dish with oil and line with baking/parchment paper and set aside
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler with the butter ( useful tip: spill a little bit of water with the chocolate, it will help it melt much quicker)
- with an electric mixer mix the yolk with the sugar till creamy
- then add the cinnamon , vanilla and chili pepper mix well
- by now the chocolate must be melted. Now we have to mix it well with spatula and pour it in the bowl of the eggs ( useful tip: if possible it is better to wait till the chocolate is a bit cooler, so that the heat will not dismount the mixture we just prepared with the yolk)
- now put in the almond (leaving some aside for decor) and the coffee, then mix till the mixture is homogeneous
- the last step is mounting the white of the eggs with a pinch of salt and incorporate with the rest of the mixture
- cook for 20 minutes wait 10 minutes to cool and ENJOY.