Last Saturday morning I was helping some very generous and humble women baking cookies. They bake cookies to sell on Christmas market and send the money for a charity organization.It was a pleasant experience. Any way back to my business, on my way back home, knowing that I have not prepared anything for lunch, I picked a roasted chicken and French fries that they sell at the piazza (very testy by the way).
It turns out the chicken was big for the three of us. So I have enough left over roasted chicken to make a good roasted chicken salad. That will feed us well for dinner.
Now, we are going to make this spicy with chilly pepper ( to give us a little bit of warmth for the winter cold ), crunchy with apple and cucumber, sweet with honey and raisins, tangly salty with olives and anchovies……… it is gonna be damn delicious.
yield – 2 servings
- 7/8 cups / 153g cooked chicken meat with out bones (I used left over roasted chicken)
- 1/4 of medium yellow apple diced
- 1/2 of medium cucumber diced
- 1/2 of medium tomato with out seeds and diced
- mixed green salad (enough for two portions)
- 2 anchovies chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon chilly pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olives pitted and minced
- 2 tablespoons raisins(useful tips: preferably socked in warm water for 10 minutes )
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon mayonnaise
- a little bit of extra virgin olive oil
- a little bit of sesame
- separate the chicken meat with your hands or a fork and put in a bowl.
- mix well all the ingredients for the marinating. Test for balanced saltiness and sweetness (useful tip: the anchovies and the olives will give enough saltiness so may be adding salt might not be needed )
- add the mixture to the chicken, stir very well to coat all of it then put in fridge and leave to marinate up to 2 hours
- put the mayonnaise in another bowl add the diced apple, cucumber and tomatoes coat well
- add the marinated chicken in to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix
- rearrange the green salad on a plate, put the deliciousness on top sprinkle with some sesame, drizzle good quality olive oil and ENJOY