I remember the different types of panna cotta we used to make,when I was in culinary school. Ummm…..they were exquisite, specially the one with coffee flavor. In the near future I will try to recreate that unforgettable test. Panna cotta is traditional, easy, and delicious Italian custard.
This is literally a 20 minutes max dessert with excellent results. It tastes just like the panna cotta served in restaurants.This recipe can be made with out the coloring. It will be snow white and beautiful. The sauce can be used cold from the fridge or hot right from the stove. It depends on your desire.
If you are any thing like me you will adore the silky texture, the sweet test, the sour sauce and the bites of the wild fruits. Before I forget let me tell you that, in case you don’t finish it 10 minutes after it is out of the fridge, it can stay refrigerated for maximum of three days.
- 500ml/ 2.1 cups heavy cream
- 21/2(5g/0,18oz) unflavored gelatin
- 100g/ 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 tablespoon raspberry
- 2 tablespoon blueberry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- first we will put the gelatin in cold water and leave aside
- now we put the cream in a saucepan over a very low heat stirring constantly
- then when it is warm we add the sugar and continue stirring (useful tip: don’t let the cream boil) until the sugar is all dissolved
- add the coloring and stir well to incorporate it with the cream
- all this process, may be takes about 10 minutes
- then squeeze well the gelatin from the cold water and put it in the cream and stir well leave aside to cool
- prepare any kind of container like a cup, a water glass or a champagne glass a container that can go in a fridge
- pour the cream in the containers and refrigerate at least for 2 hours
- while our panna is chilling lets make the simplest berry sauce on the face of the earth on a pan put in all the ingredients together(leave some for decor) and let the sugar dissolve
- wait till the berries infuse about 3minutes then take it off the heat and with immersion blender blend well. When the panna cotta is set there are two options for plating it. you can put the sauce over the panna cotta or you can verse the panna cotta on a plate and decor it and ENJOY.