Just look at this testy dish. Very easy to make, healthy, quick and inviting. I took the idea from Vietnamese Vermicelli Recipe and add my twist to it. It is still spicy but not hot so it is kind of adopted to kids and also adults who prefer otherwise.
If you are not in favor of red onion you can always substitute with yellow onion but it is going to change the taste. Because the strong pinch that the red onion gives just does not exist in the yellow one it kind of has a softer test. I also prefer the red onion being caramelize and use on a burger or on top of bruschetta.
If you really think about it you can also use only the delicious vegetables as a side dish with meat or fish. Just do not forget to sprinkle the sesame because it will give the dish the extra flavor and good look.
yield- 4 servings
- 1 garlic pilled and chopped
- 1/2 of medium red onion cut in long stripes
- 3 medium carrot cut in a long and thin stripes
- 1 medium celery cut in a long and thin stripes
- 2 medium zucchini cut in a long and thin stripes
- 2 teaspoons curry
- pinch of salt
- fresh ground pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
For the pasta
- 400g of vermicelli pasta
- boiling water for the pasta
- heat a large pot with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- put in the garlic when you smell the wonderful odor put in the onion and sauté for 5 minutes till transparent and soft.
- add the carrot and cook for 5 minutes(if it tends to burn add a little water and cover the pot ).
- then add the celery and cook for another 5 minutes.
- then add the zucchini and cook for another 7 – 10 minutes.
- add the curry and mix well
- add salt and pepper
- while the vegetables are cooking put in the pasta and cook according to packets instruction.
- when cooked drain well but always keep a little bit of pasta water in case the pasta dries out
- put the pasta in the pot with the vegetables and toss well. If dried add the pasta water.
- serve sprinkled with sesame and a drizzle of the finest extra virgin olive oil. ENJOY.